The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) advises San Francisco residents and visitors of the following event-related traffic and service impacts this weekend, Saturday, Oct. 17 – Sunday, Oct. 18.
Event participants and fun seekers should check with sfmta.com or call 311 to find out which of the 80 Muni lines will get them where they want to go.
Treasure Island Festival
The Treasure Island Festival will require the reroute of the 108 Treasure Island Muni route from 6 a.m., Saturday to midnight, Sunday.
“Big Rumble” Earthquake Preparedness Event
On Saturday an earthquake preparedness event will require the closure of 20th Avenue between Lincoln Way and Irving Street from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The 29 Sunset will be rerouted for the event.
Potrero Hill Festival
On Saturday, the Potrero Hill Festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The following street closures will be required from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
· 20th Street between Wisconsin and Missouri streets
· Connecticut Street between 19th and 22nd streets
· Intersection of Connecticut and 20th streets
The following Muni routes will be affected from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
· 48 Quintara
· 53 Southern Heights
On Saturday an anti-war demonstration will begin at 11 a.m. at UN Plaza. It will be followed by a march at noon along the following planned route:
Market Street east to 4th Street, south to Mission Street, west to 7th Street, north to Market Street and back to UN Plaza.
A rally will follow. Traffic will be rerouted around the march. SFPD will monitor traffic and streets will reopen after the march has passed. Motorists should expect delays in the area. No impact to Muni service is anticipated.
Nike Women’s Marathon
On Sunday the 6th annual Nike Women’s Marathon will be held throughout San Francisco , beginning with staggered start times at 5:30 a.m. for walkers and 7 a.m. for runners at Union Square and finishing at The Great Highway between Lincoln Way and JFK Drive by 4 p.m.
Race route and closure schedule:
· Post Street between Stockton and Powell street will close at 11 p.m., Saturday
· Other streets in the Union Square area will be closed from 3:30—10 a.m., Sunday
· Runners will go east from Post Street to Montgomery Street to Washington Street to The Embarcadero.
· Runners will head north along the Embarcadero onto Jefferson Street , up Polk Street to North Point Street and through Fort Mason onto Marina Boulevard .
· Streets will re-open through the Fisherman’s Wharf area by 10 a.m.
· From Marina Boulevard, runners will enter the Presidio and come out via El Camino de Mar to 32nd Avenue to Clement Street to 45th Avenue to Point Lobos and out to the Great Highway.
· The runners will then enter Golden Gate Park .
· The Great Highway from Point Lobos to Fulton Street will re-open by 11 a.m.
· Once back on the Great Highway from Martin Luther King Way , runners will head south to Skyline Boulevard , turn left and circle Lake Merced . Then, continue north on The Great Highway.
· The finish line is on The Great Highway between Lincoln Way and JFK Drive .
· The Great Highway from Fulton to Lincoln will be re-opened by 4:00 p.m.
At all times, there will be local access for residents throughout the course.
The following Muni routes and lines will be affected:
Starting at 11 p.m., Saturday
18 46th Avenue
Sunday, October 19
Powell-Hyde Cable Car
Powell-Mason Cable Car
California Cable Car
F Market & Wharves
9X Bayshore Express
18 46th Avenue
28 19th Avenue
47 Van Ness
90 San Bruno Owl
The only Muni re-routes will be in the Union Square area from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m.; however, there may be some delays at other locations on the course.
Fiesta on the Hill
The annual Fiesta on the Hill will be held on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The following street closures will be required from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.:
· Cortland Avenue from Folsom Street to Bocana Street
· Andover Street from Cortland Avenue to Ellert Street
· Moultrie Street from Cortland Avenue to Jarboe Avenue
· Intersections of Cortland Avenue and the following: Gates Street , Ellsworth Street , Anderson Street, Bennington Street , Wool Street , Andover Street and Moultri Street
The 24 Divisadero will be re-routed to accommodate the closures.
See Related: TRAVEL
ABOUT THE SAN FRANCISCO SENTINEL
SENTINEL FOUNDER PAT MURPHY