The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) advises San Francisco residents and visitors of the following event-related traffic and service impacts this weekend, Friday, August 21 – Sunday, August 23.
Event participants and fun seekers should check with sfmta.com or call 311 to find out which of the 80 Muni lines will get them where they want to go.
Golden Gate Bridge Lot Construction
Construction at the parking lot for the Golden Gate Bridge toll plaza will require the re-route of Muni route 28 19th Avenue from 5:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday and Sunday. The 29 Sunset Muni route may be affected throughout the weekend, beginning Friday at 6 p.m.
La Cocina Street Food Festival
The Street Food Festival will be held on Saturday and require the closure of Folsom Street between 25th and 26th streets from 8 p.m., Friday through midnight, Saturday.
The 12 Folsom and 67 Bernal Heights Muni routes will be affected.
49ers Football Game
The San Francisco 49ers will host their second home pre-season game on Saturday, against the Oakland Raiders starting at 5:15 p.m. at Candlestick Park .
Motorists should expect delays on all bridges and freeways leading into San Francisco for at least two hours before the start of the game and for at least two hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation. For more information, please visit www.sfmta.com/football.
On game days, Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from throughout San Francisco . There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles.
The Muni Express route is Special Event Fare Service with an adult fare of $10 roundtrip and a youth/senior/disabled fare of $7 roundtrip. The Special Event fare with a Muni or CityPass is $5.
The Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult cash fare per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled cash fare per trip. All Muni customers who pay cash fare should be sure to ask for a transfer as proof of payment. Please go to www.sfmta.com for fare details.
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly from the station to Candlestick and returns at the end of the game.
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
Perry’s restaurant celebration on Sunday will require the closure of Union Street between Laguna and Buchanan streets from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The 45 Union-Stockton will be affected.
See Related: TRAVEL
ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO SENTINEL
SENTINEL FOUNDER PAT MURPHY