STRANGE’S LAST NIGHT’S TOP TEN LATE-NIGHT TV JOKES MARCH 15 2011
March Strangies: O’Brien 3, Ferguson 3, Stewart 1, Leno 1, Colbert 1, Fallon 1, Letterman 1
By Strange de Jim
Beep beep! Love from Strange
Tuesday, March 15
(Stewart, Colbert, Handler & O’Brien were in reruns)
10. Jimmy Fallon: Al Qaeda has launched its own womens magazine. I bought a copy, and I tell you right now, those ankles are totally airbrushed.
9. Jimmy Kimmel: Fort Wayne, Indiana, voted online to name their new government center after former mayor Harry Baals, but the administration is going to name it Citizen Square instead. [Jimmy interviewed the mayor and asked him what his wife's maiden name was. It was Kocks. Then Jimmy changed the name of his Hollywood theater to The Harry Baals Theater.]
8. Jimmy Kimmel: Apparently Charlie Sheen is preparing to star in “Major League 3.” It’s hard to believe, of the original stars, Wesley Snipes is the one in prison right now. I hope the Academy does the right thing and gives Charlie and Oscar, because that would be the greatest acceptance speech ever made.
7. David Letterman: Now Charlie Sheen’s doing a one-man show in Detroit. At the end of the show all his personal demons will come out and take a bow.
6. Craig Ferguson: I’m very excited tonight, and you know why? Because I’m paid to be.
5. Jay Leno: President Obama held a meeting on bullying, and he revealed that he himself is bullied every day, by Fox News.
4. Jimmy Fallon: This week in New York is the Clown Convention. You should see the traffic out there. There’s, like, one car.
3. Jimmy Kimmel: Between March Madness, Facebook and Twitter, the average worker puts in 17 minutes a week. I had to bring migrant workers in to take care of my Farmville account.
2. Jay Leno: Did anyone try setting their clock so far ahead you wouldn’t have to hear any more about Charlie Sheen?
1. David Letterman: A woman in Virginia showed up in court with a monkey in her bra. Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay!
I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett, Harper 2010
A wonderful story about young witch Tiffany Aching, who must destroy a horrible menace before it destroys her. Author Sir Terry Pratchett has sold over 65,000,000 books.
Page 67 – “These, however, are the real shilling, if you’ll excuse my little joke.”
Tiffany excused his little joke, because she didn’t get it.
68 – The Baron looked relieved. “Have you ever seen Death?”
She had been expecting this and was ready. “Usually you just feel him passing, sir, but I have seen him twice, in what would have been the flesh, if he had any. He’s a skeleton with a scythe, just like in the books — in fact I think it’s because that’s what he looks like in the books. He was polite but firm, sir.”
For each day’s
funniest zingers follow me on Twitter
SENTINEL FOUNDER PAT MURPHY
Photo By Luke Thomas FogCityJournal.com
Comments are closed.